Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Please pray for Jen


It's game time for the Garcia family. And, although none of us can fight this battle for them, they do not (& WILL NOT) have to fight it alone.

One month ago, Jen had a doctor's appointment that changed the course of her life. She was told that the pain that she'd been experiencing in her leg was due to a rare form of cancer called sarcoma.

This past month has been filled with doctor appointments, scans, ultrasounds, blood work, and test after test after test. It has been full of shock and tears and fears and pain and sleepless nights. This month has also been full of prayers, faith, friendship, and an army of supporters lining up in formation.

Today the final test results came back to confirm that Jen has Stage 3 Synovial Sarcoma. She will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow where she will begin her first round of chemo. For 6 days the chemo will slowly drip into her body...killing the bad and giving life to the good.

The story that keeps coming to my mind as I pray for her is found in Mark 1:40-42:


A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees, “If you are willing, you can make me clean.”Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. 
“I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.

Our God is able to heal. He is filled with compassion when He looks at us in our weakness. Please join me in asking Jesus to heal this beautiful, young mom. Her daughters names are Mikaylee (5th grade), Kelanie (3rd grade), and Kaleya (Pre-K)

Leave me a comment on my blog or on Facebook with your name and where you live to let me know that you are joining the army of prayer warriors. It will be a great encouragement to Jen & the Garcia family. For more updates, follow Jen's blog by clicking here

If you would like to bless the Garcia family in a more tangible way, please 
mail encouraging notes, gift cards, or checks (made out to Mike Garcia) to: 

South Bay Church
attn: Jennifer Garcia
1172 Murphy Avenue Suite 130
San Jose, CA 95131

12 comments:

Cristine said...

Joining the army!
Declaring God's will to "be done on earth as it is in heaven", only possible by Jesus's wounds by which "we are healed" in JESUS' NAME, our HEALER!! AMEN!

Anonymous said...

I'm join the prayer team too. From chas, sc

Mommy Lim said...

Praying!!! Santa Clara, CA! :)

Unknown said...

Praying for Jen and her family. Strength and courage for the battle.

Unknown said...

Praying for Jen and her family. Strength and courage for this battle.

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 (New Living Translation)

April Corrigan said...

Sending prayers from Santa Clara, Ca.

Anonymous said...

You can count on me to pray for this sweet family! Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Praying for them too! Terrell, TX

kate bell said...

praying from Royal Oak, Michigan! may her spirit stay inspired and her body fight the fight.

Unknown said...

Reporting for duty.....Soldiers are poised and ready for battle in Europe, Asia, South America and various parts of the US. Prayers warriors abound for you, Jen, Mike and girls.

John Gilson said...

I and my family are praying as well from San Jose and LMMSC. John

mrs. mewie said...

I'm joining you all in prayer for Jen and her family. I met Jen at Kids Games a few years back and they are all so sweet. Praying for miracles upon this family!