Monday, September 17, 2012

Caedmon's birthday rewind

This past weekend, my lil' buddy Caedmon turned a whopping 6 six years old! Instead of a good ol' fashioned birthday party, this year he opted for a camping trip. His first ever camping trip! He had SO much fun and keeps trying to convince Sammy & me (both October birthdays) that we should go camping for our birthdays too! 

Prepare yourself for birthday picture overload... (The grandparents want to see!)

By the looks of that food, you'd think they were staying for a week instead 
of one night! You have to remember, though, it was intended to feed 12 guys.

The 5 fearless dads accompanied by their 7 sons. 
(Andy wanted to make sure I got the South Bay logo centered in the picture for extra publicity. :-) ) 

When I first saw this picture I thought, "How cute is that?!" But then I noticed that 
Caedmon doesn't have any shoes on and I was a little grossed out. Also, I'm pretty sure that 
there was no teeth-brushing on this camping trip. That's what happens when it's "boys-only"!

It's not a real camping trip without smores. 

 Wakey, wakey, eggs & bakey...

...and Lucky Charms? 

Exploring in the Redwood Forest 

Lunch time 

Make a wish! (Caedmon told me that he would NEVER tell me what he 
wished for because he wants it to come true!)




Upon their arrival home, I had the extended-family presents waiting for him. But first, 
it was showers for everyone (Caedmon's skin was literally a different shade) and a nap 
for Andy & Sammy. Sammy was actually asleep in the van when they got home. 
We cleaned out the entire van (including vacuuming!) and he slept through the 
whole thing! He was exhausted. It was all Caedmon could do to patiently await 
tearing into the beautifully displayed packages.






We finished out the day with dinner at Chick-fil-a with the Santos family. 

Even though the camping trip was "boys-only", it wouldn't feel right to celebrate 
Caedmon's birthday without Lily & Cailyn!

Click here to read my birthday letter to Caedmon. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a dream birthday celebration that a boy would love! Happy birthday Caedmon! I love the black and white photo of you two in the previous post. Ya'll have a great week. Love, Lisa

Jane in TX said...

DARLING!!!What a great investment for an overnight--boys camping with their dads. None of them will ever forget it.