Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Andy- the Asian Variety

Today Andy boarded a plane headed to Southeast Asia where he will spend the next 10 days. He's going to meet people on the other side of the world who love Jesus and are trying to spread His love in their countries. He'll be in big metropolitan areas and rural villages that require a 3-day trek. He'll spend time with Buddhist, Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, and Agnostics. He'll rub shoulders with incredibly wealthy people as well as sit on the dirt floor of someone's make-shift home. He'll eat some spectacular food as well as some questionable "mystery items". He will play with children, see beautiful countryside, and look into the eyes of countless faces...all made in the image of God.

And just as it is true that God loves us with a never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love, God loves those people just as furiously. And just like He knows and cares about every detail of my life, He knows them just as well. It's easy to forget about that in the comfort of my living room.

I'm so excited for Andy. It is virtually impossible to go on a trip like this and NOT be forever changed by the experience. And I'm praying that there will be a person or two who is forever changed by the fact that Andy went.

Why did he go? Why did he spend thousands of dollars, get a dozen vaccinations, and leave his family and busy life for a not-so-glamorous 10 day "vacation"? He went because "God so loved the world..." but not all the world knows that yet.

Would you join me in praying for him over the next 10 days?

2 comments:

katie said...

I will definately pray for you Stacie. In fact I am going to take a 10 fast from facebook and use that time to pray for you, Andy and your kids.
Katie

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!